The former television presenter, 87, who was clad in double denim, was accompanied by three men thought to be minders – one was wearing a hoodie and baseball cap, his face was covered and he sported a jacket with a skull and crossbones.
Harris is currently on trial at Southwark Crown Court accused of four charges of indecent assault, and has been granted bail to attend in person from Monday. The Australian had been appearing by videolink at Southwark Crown Court in London.
Judge Deborah Taylor told the jury yesterday that Harris would appear in court in person on bail for the remainder of the trial. Jurors had previously been told Harris had already been convicted and sentenced for other offences in 2014. The trial, which opened on May 15, is not sitting today.
Former Animal Hospital host Harris is standing trial accused of indecently assaulting three teenage girls in the 1970s and 1980s. He is also alleged to have touched a 13-year-old girl’s breast after filming a children’s TV programme and asked her: “Do you often get molested in a Saturday morning?”
He is separately accused of twice groping a third girl, aged 16, after being paid £100 to appear on ITV celebrity show Star Games in 1978, and telling her she was “a little bit irresistible”, the court heard. He denies four charges of indecent assault against three women between 1971 and 1983. The trial continues. Source: express